Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Dot .

The teacher asked the children art class to draw on the blackboard their impression of the most exciting thing they could think of.

Little Charlize got up and drew a long jagged line."What is that?" asked the teacher."Lightning," said Charlize. "Every time I see lightning I get so excited, I scream.'

"Very good," said the teacher.

Next, little Sally drew a long wave line. She explained that it was the sea which always excited her. The teacher thought that was excellent too.

Then little Lita came up to the blackboard, made a single dot and sat down.

"What is that?" asked the puzzled teacher.

"It is a period," said Lita.

"Well, " said the teacher, "what is so exciting about a period?"

"I don't know," said Lita to the teacher, "but my sister has missed two of them and my whole family is excited."

No comments: